ANH-USA is seeking an experienced senior attorney to lead a new public interest law firm in California that will eventually operate as a semi-autonomous entity.
The firm will initially be primarily focused on providing legal defense related to California’s Proposition 65, with a focus on dietary supplements, and is likely to expand in scope over time to include litigation in other related legal areas and the publishing of policy papers.
The position reports to the Executive and Legal Director.
The attorney’s job duties may include:
- Provide legal aid to Prop 65 defendants
- Draft legal opinions to influence public policy
- Draft amicus briefs and citizen petitions
- Hiring additional staff as directed
- Provide legal aid to defendants or plaintiffs in other health-related areas
A successful applicant should have:
- California bar certification
- 5 or more years’ experience as a defense attorney
- Experience with CA Prop 65
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Personal interest in natural health policy issues
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Senior Attorney” in your subject line. In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements. Please do not call the office.