ANH-USA is seeking a Legislative and Policy Analyst who will support the Executive and Legal Director with strategic legal, legislative, and campaign research.
The Legislative and Policy Analyst role is a full-time, salaried, and exempt position that will require occasional travel and evening or weekend work. The Analyst will report to the Executive and Legal Director.
Location: Atlanta, GA. Qualified candidates located in the DC area will be considered for a remote position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct policy research on various ANH campaign areas as they arise (please visit anh-usa.org for an overview of our current campaigns), including legislation, studies, briefings, etc.
- Remain current with ANH-USA’s and related issue areas and the surrounding political landscape.
- Work closely with the staff to strategize policy and project agendas.
- Provide succinct analysis to Executive Director and other team members, especially during frequent collaborations to solve time sensitive issues.
- Provide careful, action-oriented analysis of national and state-level legislation and regulations.
- Support operations and administrative duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in government relations or related field with priority given to candidates with graduate or JD degrees.
- A firm background in policy, legal, or legislative analysis.
- At least two years experience working in a non-profit or similar environment, or comparable education.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to provide succinct, precise, and organized thoughts in an efficient manner.
- Passion, energy, and a personal interest in natural health.
- Ability to self-start and require little direction.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort working within different roles to support overall ANH goals.
- Willingness to travel by airplane 3-5 days per year.
Competitive salary and benefits
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Be sure to include “Legislative and Policy Analyst” in your subject line. Resumes should clearly identify any experience or background relevant to the job duties listed. Cover letter must include salary requirements. Please do not call the office.