Many COVID drugs are failing. Natural medicine may hold the key—but can government cronyism be overcome? Action Alert!
A large analysis has found that antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine had no benefit for COVID patients, causing more deaths than standard care. Other pharmaceutical treatments are also turning out to be useless. Remdesivir is being touted by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, but this is likely due to pressure to come up with a drug of the moment; some evidence has shown the drug has no benefit. Emerging evidence suggests that natural medicines like zinc, quercetin, and potassium could help, sometimes in conjunction with drugs, but the government refuses to acknowledge these benefits because nutrients aren’t as profitable for drug companies.
While hydroxychloroquine may be ineffective on its own, there are trials that have combined the drug with zinc. Zinc inhibits viral activity, but it is difficult to get high levels of zinc into cells. Hydroxychloroquine may help by aiding zinc’s entry into cells. Studies show quercetin may also do what chloroquine does with zinc but without toxic side effects. Some researchers believe that zinc in general is one of the most important things we can take both to avoid Covid-19 infection and treat it. Hydroxychloroquine comes with the usual laundry list of dangerous side effects, while quercetin could help prevent heart damage along with many other benefits.
Research indicates that many other natural medicines could help prevent or treat COVID-19.
- It is known that big viruses rapidly exhaust potassium levels, which can be fatal. A Chinese study has confirmed this for Covid-19.
- The Chinese used IVC (vitamin C injected into veins) with reported good results and began clinical trials. New York State’s largest hospital system, Northwell Health, also began using IVC but at relatively low doses (4.5 to 6 grams) compared to the doses used in cancer trials.
- Vitamin D is a key immune system regulator. People with especially low D are more vulnerable to Covid-19.
- Many supplements (curcumin, resveratrol, luteolin etc.) are candidates to help control the cytokine storm that may kill Covid-19 patients but are not being tested for this use.
- Other supplements (oregano oil, monolaurin) are candidates to attack the viral capsule but are also unlikely ever to be tested for this use.
- Viruses cloak themselves from the immune system using a substance called nagalase. Some supplements, especially probiotics, are candidates to help control nagalase but are also unlikely to be tested for this use.
- Silver is acknowledged to be a bacteria killer that has been able to clean up drinking water in the third world. The feds are moving against companies making any medical claims for silver. Under current law, they have the right to do that, but in the process these agencies are stating that silver has no medical role, which is not consistent with the known facts. Silver is definitely effective against bacteria. What is needed is more testing of whether and how silver can be used against viruses.
- Other supplements, like the herb Andrographis paniculate, are candidates to interfere with enzymes needed by the virus to reproduce but are also unlikely ever to be tested for this use.
More information can be found at our COVID 411 page.
There’s a theme here. Low-cost, safe, and effective natural medicines are largely ignored by the government and the medical community, instead focusing on pharmaceutical treatments that can be more easily patented and made profitable for drug companies.
People are getting sick and dying. We cannot afford to ignore natural treatments that can save lives during and beyond this pandemic. This is the moment to bring this message to every legislator in America, both in Congress and at the state level. Will you help us do this? If every reader of this message takes action now, we can get legislators’ attention. This is the moment. Please help us.
Action Alert! Send a message to your state and federal representatives, telling them that there are vitally important nutritional strategies to deal with COVID. Please send your message immediately.