We believe that the FDA is a broken agency that needs a complete reform and restructuring. As presently run, it:
- Obstructs medical science and innovation;
- Forbids and censors the communication of legitimate, peer reviewed scientific research;
- Protects entrenched medical monopolies which pay its bills and hire its employees;
- Interferes with the rights of consumers to learn about good science (especially relating to food and supplements) that could prolong and save lives and promote health;
- And unnecessarily drives up the cost of healthcare to the point where employers can no longer afford to hire and the entire American economy is threatened.
What is needed under these circumstances is not incremental reform, but complete reform, a thorough overhaul of every part of the FDA. The purpose of reformfda.org is to persuade the American public and Congress that a total reform of the FDA is absolutely necessary in order to rebuild the American healthcare system and make it once again the envy of the world.
Articles and Information
FDA Roadblocks Revolution in Nutrition, By Hunter Lewis, President, ANH-USA
There is a real scientific revolution taking place at the intersection of food, food extracts, and food supplements. Research suggests that changes in diet could reduce both heart disease and cancer by as much as 90%. Unfortunately the American people do not hear about this research. Food producers would like to tell them about it, but FDA rules prevent it. More>>
Would You Tolerate This Abuse?, By William Faloon, Life Extension Foundation
Americans needlessly die while scientific discoveries that could save their lives remain trapped in bureaucratic red tape. There is a solution to this travesty. Allow free market innovation into the health care arena, and the development of new medical therapies will progress as rapidly as other technologies. More>>
F.D.A. Lags in Banning Researchers After Fraud – NY Times, By Gardiner Harris
Delfina Hernandez helped to carry out one of the most audacious drug research frauds in American history, but because federal drug regulators sent a legal notice years late and to the wrong address, she can legally continue to conduct research.
FDA Science and Mission at Risk
An FDA Science Board report states that the nation’s public health is at risk, as are the regulatory systems that oversee the nation’s drug and device supplies.
Leviathan’s Drug Problem: Federal Monopoly of Pharmaceutical Regulation and its Deadly Cost, By John R. Graham
More Articles and Information >>