The Alliance for Natural Health USA (ANH-USA)—a 501(c)4 political advocacy organization—is seeking a Legislative Director to guide the organization’s policy and lobbying agenda on Capitol Hill. The ideal candidate will have a passion for natural health policy and experience in government affairs and coalition building.
The Legislative Director position is a full-time, salaried, and exempt position that will require occasional travel and evening or weekend work. The Legislative Director will report to the Executive Director.
ANH-USA works both on Capitol Hill and across the country to promote sustainable healthcare and freedom of choice in healthcare through good science and good law. We protect access to integrative medicine by lobbying Congress and state legislatures; acting as a government watchdog; filing comments on proposed Administrative rulemakings; educating the public, press, and decision makers on integrative medicine; initiating legal activities (e.g., lawsuits, amicus briefs, petitions); and joining and forming diverse, issue-based coalitions.
ANH-USA’s Atlanta, GA office.
The Legislative Director’s job duties may include—
- Identifying, tracking, and monitoring the movement of key legislation and policy proposals that may impact the natural health and health freedom communities
- Direct lobbying work in Washington, DC and at the state-level when necessary
- Building and maintaining relationships with key members of Congress and their staff
- Working with the Executive Director in the development and promulgation of a legislative agenda/strategy
- Conducting complex policy research and analysis
- Careful, action-oriented analysis of national and state-level legislation and regulations
- Assisting the Executive Director in developing research-informed positions that ANH-USA may take on policy and legislation, making specific recommendations that seek legislative and/or administrative action at state, local, and/or federal levels
- Supporting the Executive Director in the operation of a functional and productive office and work on various projects as needed
- Ad-hoc research to support the work of the Executive Director
A successful applicant should have:
- A law degree and/or legislative experience, preferably on Capitol Hill
- Adaptability to diverse policy issues as the relate to ANH-USA’s core mission
- Non-profit experience
- Ability to effectively identify and research policy issues, propose alternative courses of action, and make well-reasoned recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on brevity, persuasiveness, and the ability to relate to a number of politically diverse constituencies and audiences
- Passion, energy, and a personal interest in natural health is essential
- Willingness to travel by airplane for 3 to 5 days per month on average
- The ability to work independently with initiative and efficiency
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Be sure to include “Legislative Director” in your subject line. Cover letter must include salary requirements. Please do not call the office.