How could we have left out naturopathic physicians, readers wondered? We wonder ourselves. Here’s an update.
In August we brought you a list of leading integrative physicians who have excellent, easily digestible newsletters, blogs, or websites on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) available to patients and the general public. In this update, we add NDs and DCs, as well as physicians recommended by readers whom we were glad to get to know better.
- Peter D’Adamo, ND: Personalized Living (e-newsletter). A naturopathic physician, bestselling author, researcher-educator, D’Adamo is considered a world expert in glycobiology, principally the ABO (ABH) blood groups and the secretor (FUT2) polymorphisms.
- Marianne Marchese, ND (downloadable articles). Researcher, author, teacher, and naturopathic physician specializing in women’s wellness. She uses botanical medicine, bioidentical hormones, homeopathy, detoxification, IV therapy, chelation, microcurrent therapy, diet, exercise, stress management, and lifestyle changes in her treatments.
- Michael T. Murray, ND: Natural Facts (e-newsletter). One of the world’s leading authorities on natural medicine and author of over thirty books featuring natural approaches to health, and director of product development for Natural Factors supplements. He serves on the Board of Regents of Bastyr University.
- Joesph E. Pizzorno, Jr., ND: Integrative Medicine: A Clinicians Journal (print and digital). A naturopathic physician, educator, author, and researcher, Dr. Pizzorno is founding president of Bastyr University. He was also the developer of Solutions Health Advisor software.
MDs, DOs, DCs, and others recommended by our readers:
- William J. Campbell Douglass II, MD: Douglass Report (hardcopy newsletter) and Daily Dose (e-newsletter). The author of over a dozen books, Douglass also runs a health clinic in Africa and worked alongside doctors at the Pasteur Institute.
- Nan Kathryn Fuchs, PhD: Women’s Health Letter (e-newsletter). Author, public speaker, and nutritional counselor, Fuchs has been at the forefront of women’s health issues for over thirty years.
- John Mandrola, MD (e-newsletter). A cardiologist who specializes in heart rhythm disorders, Mandrola prefers treating atrial fibrillation with a change in the patient’s lifestyle and adding supplements, instead of dangerous blood thinners, beta blockers, anti-arrhythmias, and intrusive surgical ablations.
- Andrew W. Saul, PhD (website). Dubbed “the Megavitamin Man,” Saul edits the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. His website is peer-reviewed and is completely non-commercial. It includes book reviews, articles, and interviews with other doctors.
- Jacob Teitelbaum, MD: Vitality 101 (e-newsletter) and End Fatigue (e-newsletter). A board-certified internist and nationally known expert in the fields of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, sleep, and pain, Teitelbaum is also the founder of the Practitioners Alliance Network and author of numerous books.
- Jenny Thompson (daily e-Alerts). Director of the Health Sciences Institute, which publishes a newsletter for its members and has an extensive database for common health issues.
- Bruce West, DC: Health Alert (hardcopy newsletter). In practice for over thirty years using therapeutic and nutrient-dense foods, plant and glandular concentrates and extracts, as well as phytonutrients and phytochemicals. Over 22,000 physicians currently subscribe to his newsletter.
19 thoughts on “Readers Suggest More Integrative Physicians for Our Online Guide”
Shauna Young is a traditional ND in Colorado. After at least 25 years of practicing, she is now unable to work with children and cancer patients. Liz Lipski is a Holistic Nutritionist with many titles, a doctorate (including former head of doctoral studies at Hawthorn University) and over 30 years of teaching and working with clients. She had to leave her home in NC, move to Atlanta and finally to MD to work at the University of MD in a nutrition department. She had to do all this because Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics talked North Carolina into insisting that nutritionists take the same courses that RDs have to. Meanwhile, most RDs work in schools, prisons, and hospitals. We all know how well people are who come out of these institutions and how nutrition is practiced in them.
Please add Dr. Bob Eslinger DO at the Reno Integrative Medical Center, Reno NV to your list of alternative Dr.s
Martin Milner of Health Sciences Institute, Portland OR.
Dr. Jon Wright, Nutrition and Healing, Washington
We are blessed with having all these physicians to our disposal. Everyone of them are great.
Thanks! Many of your suggestions were included on our first list here: https://anh-usa.org/integrative-doctors-online-guide/ We hope you get a chance to check it out!
D’ADAMO may be intelligent, learned, even capable, but his “blood-type” theory is crap science…
Recommended Integrative CAM Physician:
Mitchell A. Fleisher, M.D., D.Ht., D.A.B.F.M., Dc.A.B.C.T.
International consultant on homeopathy and nutritional medicine
Author of many articles on homeopathy and nutritional medicine
Creator of Alternative DrMCare Natural Medical Se;f-Care Protocols, designed to teach peope how to use nutritional therapy and homeopathy for cost-effective self-care, http://www.alternativedrmcare.com
Medical Director of Progressive Laboratories, Inc., creator of PL Signature product line
I would like to ad my doctor, Rick Jensen, ND [email protected] He is in Utah and Nevada.
My husband and I I have been seeing him for several years. He provides chelation, allergy and natural hormone replacement among many other services.
This list would be more utilizable if one could sort practitioners by zip code. I would find it inconvenient to look up each one’s address.
Thanks for taking that into consideration.
I recommend Dr. Geoffrey Ames MD
750 Swift suite 1
Jenny Thompson is from Health Sciences Institute, not Services
And what about Nationally Certified Homeopaths CCH? (not just MD’s, or ND’s as unless their life is dedicated to homeopath, which is a very complex modality) they cannot be very good with it!
Dr. Michael Carlston – Santa Rosa, CA
Dr. Terri Turner, DO – Sebastopol, CA and Spokane, WA
I was wondering about adding some acupuncture/Oriental Medicine practitioners– LAcs and DOMs. Perhaps Andrew Gaddaert, Bob Flaws, Honora Wolfe, Lonny Jarrett, Miki Shima, or Jake Fratkin? The trouble is that so far I’m not finding the kind of patient-friendly articles or newsletters that you’re looking for.
For some 20+ years I placed my life and health in the capable hands of Integrative M.D.s in North Carolina. My health was robust, even though I was in my 80’s. In 2011 I moved to Jacksonville, Florida to be near a son and daughter, but cannot find any Integrative physicians who take Medicare patients, mainly due to the onerous paperwork with little recompense. As a result I have been having to self-doctor, using the prior recommendations of my NC doctors, to purchase the vitamins/minerals/herbals in local health food stores and Dr. Mercola that were maintaining my robust condition. I would like to know if I am still on the right track, as I haven’t had any laboratory analyses of my blood and urinary chemistry for four years, but need a cooperative doctor to order these tests, some of which are covered by Medicare. I’ll be 89 next month, and fear I’ll be going downhill fast if I don’t get the care I need. . I have been told, informally, that I have arthritis where my breastbone and rib cage meet, as an episode of intermittent pain in that area caused me to go to the ER to check for a heart problems. Fortunately, my heart is in good shape. I eat only organic, non-GMO foods, other than on rare occasions when I am taken out for a meal.
I would like to be included on your list…I practice at http://www.gordonmedical.com and use integrative therapies with every patient. Mara
I’m sure it’s an oversight that you omitted Dr. Leonard Coldwell, who would fit right in with the rest of your list. His modest biography is here:
I would like recommend:
LifeWorks Wellness Center, 301 Turner Street, Clearwater, FL 33756
Dr. David Minkoff and Dr. George Springer
They use IV Ozone, Vitamin C, Glutathione, Chelation, etc. to kill viral, fungus and bacterial infections, detoxify and strengthen your body. They insist you follow a Paleo or Ketogenic Organic diet. Cancer, Lyme disease, mystery, anything.
Dr. David Minkoff was the doctor in the famous Lisa McPherson case.
Dr, Stephen Hotze with the Hotze Health and Wellness center in Houston Tx helped me get my life back. Check out his website! They are the best!